Sunday, January 10, 2016

The latest Rag Doll and yoga

Yay! First order of the year is finished. 
So the client told me a little bit about what was going on with her friend that she wanted to send Patti Cakes here too. Her friend whose nick name is stitched on this doll, was diagnosed with stomach cancer. I did some googling to double check that the dress color was the right one for that kind of cancers ribbon. Periwinkle blue is the color for stomach cancer. So Sandra (the woman who ordered this doll) wanted something for her friend to hold during chemo/radiation. She asked for her dress to match the ribbon color with lavender mixed in, because it was a nice color combination. She also asked that I make her soft and squishy, and I tried my very best to do a light stuff on this one. This doll ships out tomorrow and I really do hope that Sandra, and also Patti, are pleased with her. And I hope for the best for Patti on her journey and that this gives her at least a little bit of comfort during this hardest of times. 
I also added a sea-foam/teal to her for added color. I liked the three combined.

On another note I started to do some yoga this weekend to help out my back. Since I've been feeling so much better, I'd say around 75% of how I used to be, I wanted to start something that would be beneficial in the short and long run. Plus it would get me moving and less stiff. The cold weather has been hard on me this year and making me super stiff. I'm focusing on sequences that are to help lower back/sciatica pain since thats where I need the most help at the moment. Once I'm feeling more like my old self I think I'll get into the basic yoga stuff.
Around new years I went out and picked up my yoga mat. Mostly I wanted a mat to make doing my back stretches easier and so I could move from the bed to the floor to get more out of them. Then this weekend I decided to search youtube for routines that were geared toward the back. And now that I've started this stuff, I've realize how not flexible I am and need to stretch out my hamstrings. Just another thing to work on I guess.
 
Along with the new routine of yoga I found a quicky(ish) pattern to go along with my new activity. Made myself some yoga socks yesterday. Making these is kinda like doing a scarf or hat in that they are easy make, but take more time then you think they might. Hopeful they can keep my feet a little warmer while I start doing yoga. My toes are generally cold so I know my feet won't be toasty by any means but these can help a bit. 
This is a no frills pattern and that is the reason I picked it out. I didn't want some frilly looking socks I wouldn't like wearing. I picked this basic pattern and once you do one sock the other is simpler to hammer out. Of course my first one some how is a little baggier then the second but who knows how that happened. LOL.
The only adjustment I had to make with this was because of size difference. The pattern is written for a size 7.5-8 and I'm more of a 9.5-10 size foot. And the adjustments weren't even difficult and the writer even addressed making adjustments which was very nice. 

Review Time

▪ Pattern Readability - 5 Yarn Balls... Love that this is for all skill sets.
▪ Ease of Pattern - 5 Yarn Balls.... Easy to follow and has notes, plus pictures throughout for advice and help.
▪ Adjustments - 5 Yarn Balls... can't knock this one for adjustments when its a fit issue.
▪ Final Product - 5 Yarn Balls... They're customizable which makes them awesome.
▪ Personal - 5 Yarn Balls.... Other than the fact that my first one came out a little funny this is a great pattern. I might make these again.
▪Overall Score - A perfect 5 Yarn Balls. This really is an excellent and simple pattern. 


So I checked one more order off my list and made something for myself *gasp*. Next order is a green Yoshi. So thats what I've got this week. Maybe I'll have time for a new pattern, maybe I won't. Have a good one everyone.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment