Sunday, August 16, 2015

Woodstock gets a hat


For starters one of my Christmas orders it calls for a themed Woodstock. It's to go with a Snoopy I made last year. The Snoop has a red and green scarf so I gave Woodstock a similar hat. The stripping is different on both of them but I think they will still look quite nice together.

I decided that Woodstock needed a an elf hat and since I couldn't find a pattern for a doll I made one myself. I've said before that I'm not overly fond of making my own patterns, but this one was fairly simple. I used Double Crochet stitches (Dc) to get the wide strips and not a stiff piece. Mostly played it by ear till it was a good length and then to fit his head properly. But I was smart and wrote what I did down as I was doing it. In the past I've made the mistake of not doing that and having to try and recreate what I did again. Its a pain and a lesson learned the hard way. So this project is done and only a Rag Doll left on that particular order.



What I have so far of the TARDIS blanket (as of 8/11)
The Blanket is going well. I have 57 of the 273 squares done up until now. Thats about 21% complete if I did my math right. Ive also knocked the time it takes me to complete a square down to about 15 minutes rather than the 20 I had last week. They are just supper easy, even if there is a lot of them. Almost four of the six colors are complete. I'm close to done with the navy square, after that its the royal blue and a cream left. Can't wait to put this together. 

I found a new app after getting one of those new inkjoy stylus pens. Love the pen, it even writes like a dream. But I got a sketching app, the Autodesk Sketchbook app,  and I've been finding it really fun. So I did some messing about on the app just doodling and then I did a new sketch of something I posted a month or two back out of my art journal. (Art Journal Post). There isn't much of a change up in the doodle, but looking at it this way and giving it a bigger view is refreshing. I think its more polished this way and maybe I'll finally do something with it, who knows. I plan to do more from that page of my journal.
From the journal
Meet Billy.
 Then my sister and her man came over to get a few things from the garage and brought along little Billy the kid. He's part of a new litter in the house and I think he may be staying there. He is part of the second litter since Lugnuts. Same mommy and possibly same father. But who knows. This should be the mama dogs last littler. Hopefully they get her fixed, she's getting a bit old to do this.
And finally I'm at the first of two house sitting gigs that span till the end of the month. Not gonna lie I kinda miss my own bed and cuddling with my own pups. But I do love this job. Right now I'm with a couple of grey hounds that are just delightful. I'm here till the end of the week and straight on to the next house with a lovely pup I haven't had the pleasure of hanging with and Lucy the cat who I've gotten quite fond of. 

Well back to the yarn minds. Oh the lovely fiber that it is.

 As always you guys can find me on Etsy
and don't forget to like me on Facebook 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment