Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Swap Weekend

So if you follow me on Facebook you know I went to the Rose Bug In swap meet at Portland International Raceway Sunday. Thankfully the weather wasn't in the 90s like they thought it was gonna be. Comfortable 70s for us that day. But because that's what all the news stations were saying, there wasn't a lot of people out that day. So it made for a slow day. And I mean a really slow day.

I guess the positive for my day was that I got nearly half of an order done. The picture shows it with a few more rows than what I had done Sunday, but basically this is the blanket portion of an elephant snuggle. This order is for a soon to be mom my father knows. She liked the idea of an elephant but when I saw the snuggle pattern on Pinterest, and a few other places, I though this would be super cute for the new baby and she apparently liked the idea as well. The perks of a blanket and a stuffy all in one, who wouldn't want something like that. She wanted something gender neutral and picked green and yellow for the colors. Love this color combination and not just because its Oregon Duck colors. . . .  I really hope she likes the finished product.

It lays flat and everything
 I was so glad I finally found a granny square that worked for me because this was not the only order I needed them for. I grabbed one, easy pattern, from another blanket pattern I found ages back (its actually a really awesome design that I want to do up sometime). I'm in love with the ease of this square.
So I have this crazy, AWESOME! blanket that I need these squares for as well and need to crank out by Christmas. Jess from my friend Meg's wedding asked if I'd do a TARDIS blanket. I jumped on it, being the Whovian that I am. I finally got the time to work out the logistics of making it and today bought all the yarn. So Jess no turning back now I've got the yarn and this thing is so totally happening.
Ruff sketch of what its gonna look like and the dimensions. (4in x 4in squares)
Its gonna be a big project and figuring out shipping is going to be interesting as well. But its not the only order I have with a near Christmas deadline. So I'm getting a jump on all my orders and working on the blanket as well as a few of the others at the same time.
Shipping to Arizona is a Rag Doll, the blanket, and a Bowzer (something I need to figure out as well). I have another Rag Doll order plus a x-mas themed Woodstock to finish. And a Giraffe and Stitch (again need to figure out this one too) order. Time to get working I guess.  It should be tones of fun. . . . fun fun fun fun.

Next post will have the run down on the Snuggle and a rating for the pattern(s). Since I finished one project this week I'm gonna work on the blanket probably and design of those Rag Dolls I talked about. I've got a good picture in my head for at least one of them already.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook

Happy Crafting!

My Brother-in-law (right, in the pink) and his brother (left, in the purple). We went shopping for food for the swap meet and these are the goofs we went/put up with at the store. Good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment