Sunday, April 12, 2015

Getting it done!

So this week with my massive To Do list I've made, I decided a little down time with my art journal and a pencil was the ticket. My free for all journal plays host to just about anything. I vent in it like any other journal along with story writing, doodling, really whatever I need to get out of my brain. And man did I have a fun doodle dump this week. I didn't realize how much I missed just letting my mind relax and let my hand do the talking. I need to start making time for this kind of thing again. Not sure how all this will come together in the end, but I think all of it will play into some story one way or the other. . .  The power of brain magic. . .  So prep for NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month) got started early I guess. November really sneaks up on you.
I had a few characters already semi mapped out in my head as you can see in the first picture (Note that the one on the right is not a vamp. I was going for werewolf teeth, just to be clear). At least some details about them at any rate. The second picture is a bunch of markings for different orders and then individuals as well. I had a lot of fun with those. They mostly started out as doodles and then i assigned them random off the wall names. Even gave them some contexts or direction too.
I recommend doodling to anyone that needs a stress reliever. It doesn't have to be anything specific, just let your hand wander across the page and see what happens. All it is is putting basic shapes together to form something new.
 
The major pains on my To Do list for the week are happily done. My taxes, plus my dad's (his was an add I didn't expect), my car passed DEQ and it was a super quick trip down there too. And the guy that was running the test was super duper sweet. He was kinda explaining what was going on in the test as it was happening. It was nice to have such a friendly interaction so early in the day (It was just before 9 am when I was in there. No grumps that morning). Then I also helped one of my sisters move this week. YAY a pretty house for her and her man (plus some of his family that live with them). Went through all or most of my email, which I didn't like doing. But it needed to be done badly. I cleaned out a bunch of junk, now I just gotta stay on top of it. I also finished tagging up the last bits of merch to go in my box, which is full. It feels crazy that I have a full tote of merch.
I also looked over my inventory and took some new pictures. And I'm happy to say that I've made my inventory goal for Woodburn, and a lot earlier then I thought too. So now I can have free rain over my pattern binder for projects. Woo!
So here is a picture of my inventory. . . all but my Dream Catchers any way.  Some of this you guys have see here on the blog. Some of it you haven't. Down at the bottom is a couple of scarves on the left and hats on the right, along with a bundle of my Poppies. My Hippos are on the ends buddied against the Little Lambs. Down in the center are my Octopi, recently changed their eyes from buttons to yarn. I think they look cuter this way. I have a bunch of Sy-Clopies scattered around and a Dust Bunny wedged in there just north of the Team Rocket Poke Balls. And to the right of Woodstock are my Petite PopTarts. They're all ready to find new homes.

As for next weeks project. . . Not sure yet. I'm tempted to make a blanket, I have several cool patterns and tons of granny square patterns I could make a blanket out of. But I don't know if I want to under take that just yet. Blankets are a ton of work, not to mention yarn. I have made one before that I love, even if it isn't perfect looking it was my first HUGE project just for myself, and am afraid my pups might kill because they dig at blankets so I don't have it out. I'll have to scour the net and look through the binder again to find something I guess. Please send me any suggestions you guys have for new projects. What do y'all want to see me make?

As always you guys can find me on Etsy
and don't forget to like me on Facebook

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment