Sunday, April 26, 2015

Green Hair For The Win!... Oh and HATS

Yes my hair is now an awesome green. Thanks again Carson. Loving it so much.  And my scalp doesn't look like Fun-Dip anymore. YAY!! Super glad my hair came out so well. It was dyed black with teal ends last (say mid December). So bleaching it out was interesting because not all the black went light. For a short time, until it was dried after washing the bleach out, my hair was a bit orange. Not an attractive color. And we decided that my hair is the spawn of Satan when it comes to becoming tangled. Most days I don't leave my hair down because the smallest movement/breeze will cause it to be tangled to hell. It sucks let me tell you. So I usually braid it or something. But after drying it, combing it,  and putting in the greens and blues, it came out AWESOME!! Couldn't be happier.

Along with my new due I got to hang out with some awesome pups the last few days. Stanley and Stella are a great pair. I hung out with them while their owners were on a little trip for a few days. Stanley is a big old goof that likes to play fetch and bite trees. Yes you read that right, he bites trees. And Stella is a big old sweetie pie who loves to cuddle. These guys are great on walks as well, which is good since they're apartment dogs. Walks are a must. We were fortunate enough to not have to walk in any of the heavy rain. Some sprinkles yes, but we missed most of the rain this weekend.
Stanley & Stella. We were glad it had stopped raining.

So down to the project of the week. I decided on the Rainbow Slouch. I was gonna add in the Tiny Cars too but allergies, or at least what I hope are allergies have been kicking my butt since Thursday. I've never suffered from allergies in the past with the exception of the last few years. Its weird but things change I guess. . . . Okay back to the hats. I managed to get out two if these. I did the gray one first and decided to follow the pattern exactly. Although I believe there was a typo on the last few rows. But since there are plenty of pictures on this one I figured out what they meant. I used my Red Heart Wool yarn for these, all but the green though. I oddly didn't have a green in that yarn. So from the top of the hat we have a deep purple, Tropical Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, and Pink. I tried this one on and it was a bit tight for my head (which is why there are no pics of it on). But its a very cute hat none the less. The black one I kinda made for myself, again using the Red Heart Wool. I added an extra row and did a fun mix on the colors. I'm loving this hat right now. It made walking Stanley and Stella a little warmer, once I got it finished of course. With being under the weather I had low energy and everything was taking like twice as long to do it. 

T.A.R.D.I.S. Phone!!
This project is gonna get a big fat 5 Yarn Balls Rating. 

▪ Pattern Readability -  Well written if not redundant once the rounds become the same up the bulk of the hat.
 
▪ Ease of Pattern - Simple beginner stitches, and an explanation of how they even achieved an intermediate stitch.
 
▪ Adjustments - None needed other then a typo. Easy to change up to the colors you want. I changed the hook for the second one I made because I have tight stitches.
 
▪ Final Product - Fun and Awesome hat!
 
▪ Personal - Loving the look and ease of this pattern. Will be making these again.
 
▪Overall Score -  5 Fabulous Yarn Balls!! 



 



Thankfully this weeks project is all picked out. My eldest sister came to me with something. Her friend bought a Time Out stool for her little girls this past week and they asked if I could jazz it up for them. So I get to do some painting this week! I think I might even sketch something out for it first as well. Plus I might hammer out some Tiny cars as well. We'll see. 

Hopefully I'll feel better soon. Oooo and the kitchen is finally gonna get started this week. This last Wednesday mom and I got to see how the cabinets were coming. They looked great, only the shell of whats gonna be in the kitchen but its supper exciting to see it. Demo is supposed to start like Wednesday/Thursday and I'll probably be painting this weekend. WooooooHoooooo!!

See you all next Sunday. . . 

As always you guys can find me on Etsy  (I promise I'll be updating the shop soon.)
and don't forget to like me on Facebook 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment