Sunday, April 19, 2015

Tiny Turtles!

So this week after looking for patterns and finding a new batch, I landed on the Tiny Striped Turtles. And holy cow these guys are super adorable. I found this through Pintrest and after finding it I was seeing the pattern everywhere, it was crazy. These little guys work up supper fast and are crazy easy to make. I just love them so darn much. Everyone seems too actually. I did a few stripped ones and then a couple of them with multicolored yarn. and they aren't complicated in the least to put together, which is so nice. I want to make one with a top hat, monocle, and mustache. It would be too adorable for words I think.
RATING!. . . Super simple this week guys.


▪ Pattern Readability - 5 Yarn Balls. Nothing confusing with these little guys.
 
▪ Ease of Pattern - 5 Yarn Balls. Simple stitches, great for the beginner.
 
▪ Adjustments - 5 Yarn Balls. Nothing needs to be changed. You can add a little something the the bottom of the shell though if you want to make it flair out though.
 
▪ Final Product - 5 Yarn Balls. Who doesn't love some Tiny Freaking Turtles!
 
▪ Personal - 5 Yarn Balls. LOVE!!!!
 
▪Overall Score -  5 Yarn Balls.Perfect score for these little ones.
In Pieces.... oh no!
My mom loved them so much she just had to have one for her desk at work. So she picked out the colors and this guy is gonna be her desk buddy starting tomorrow.
Tiny Turtle Tushies!!
Like I said I found a ton of patterns this week. I was kind of addicted to looking for new shit to make. So I pinned and bookmarked dozens on Pintrest and Ravelry. I printed just shy of 2 dozen of them. My printer is probably wondering what is wrong with me using it so much. But I found some pretty good stuff. Like lovey blankets with part of a stuffed animal on it, an awesome Rainbow slouch, Daleks!, other little monsters along with a cell phone case among other awesome geek things to boot. So many patterns, so little time. 

Along with pattern hunting I helped my dad replace our broken down double gate. That was fun. . . I guess. Needed to be done (like 10 years ago), but with the guys coming to do the kitchen soon it REALLY needed to get done. I also got a bee in my bonnet and washed both the cars yesterday, plus vacuumed out my own. Who knew doing all that could make you so darn tired. I was whipped but happy to get it done.
 
And then I got to watch the season opener of Orphan Black!!! Thats right the clone club is back in action. So freaking happy!! I can't wait to watch all of this season and so happy they brought it back. I love my BBC America shows.
 
I think the one of the best parts of my week would be today. I spent the day with my siblings. We went out to lunch, hung out around the mall all before going to see Furious 7. We've seen the last few Fast & Furious movies together. It was awesome! Tons of action, cars (obviously), some tears, and an ending we weren't expecting. But it was a great flic. If you haven't seen it I say spend the money and go. I won't spoil any of it for you but it is so great and fits all the pieces together with this franchise.

This week. . .  For starters I'm getting my hair dyed again on Thursday. My good friend Carson is awesome for doing it for me. She is a Rock Star! But as for project, now that I have all these new patterns I'm not totally sure. My first thought was to do this tiny car pattern I found. But now its between that, the rainbow slouch, and one of the two Ogie Boogie's I found. So come around next Sunday to find out what I choose. Or let me know in the comments which sounds better to you.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook
 
Happy Crafting! 

This is the first little guy I made and I took this to share with Facebook. I could not contain the cute to myself on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment