Sunday, May 17, 2015

Crazy week

This week was not what I had planned. And it felt like I didn't do anything all week, that was until I really thought about it. Yes, I got nothing I had planed on done, but that doesn't mean it was a wasted week. Things happened and some stuff got done, others didn't. Although it still kinda feels like it was wasted. . . 
So I didn't get to my alteration pile or at least not just yet, maybe I'll work on it a little tonight or work on it tomorrow. But I am getting to it this week. I have things in that pile I plan to pack. I did get to finish up all the painting, well all but the windows, but that has to get the ropes in it fixed first (1910 house, our windows are on a pulley system). So YAY. We ordered our counter tops on Friday, flooring was ordered this week too, all the cabinets are finished up (they just need pulls put on), painting is fairly done, and electrical comes tomorrow. We got a step closer to a finished kitchen this week. We've even put things away in the cabinets. So exciting to do some of that.
The lazy Susan is huge
This one is petty big too

Yesterday my sister and her man came over and we did up mom's flower tub. Let me explain that. So last year we (us kids: my two older sisters, soon to be brother in law, and myself) finally put the old claw foot tub from the bathroom to use and painted it up to put flowers in for our mom for mothers day. This was the plan for the tub since we remodeled the bathroom like five years ago. My sisters gift to mom this year was getting and planting new flowers for her. So they got a scoop of soil from some place, hauled it in their trailer out to the house and we filled the tub (pictured a
bove), two flower boxes, one big pot, and two raised garden beds my dad just built for some veggies, plus a few wheelbarrows of extra. All of it taking the whole scoop. That's a lot of dirt. We got down and dirty moving the soil and then planting the flowers. Woooo! But it was fun to hang out. My daddy didn't raise no prissy pants, we don't mind a little dirt and hard work. All three of us girls are fairly tomboy-ish, and clean up good too.
Raised beds ready for some plants

I also had some dog walks to do. Loved doing that! Plus we just got a new client at Fairy Dogmother with three of the most adogable French Bulldogs and I got to hang out with them for two afternoons in a row. Couple of days seeing to doggies and getting outside all very good. On Monday I stated, or rather tried, to get my own dogs going on walks every day this week too. I missed a few days, but they seem to like it. Nascar hears "Wanna go for a walk?" and can't contain herself. She'd run out the gate to go if you let her. Lugnut isn't a fan of getting on his harness but is more than happy to pull on the leash once you get it on. I'm trying to get him to be a better walker. I started by lashing both the leashes together so he could walk more like Nascar. She doesn't pull, unless she sees a squirrel anyway. He's just supper excitable and wants to go after anything. But we are working on it. At the very least they seem to like getting out of the big yard and seeing the neighbor hood.

In crochet news I (with moms assistance) sold one of my Yoshi's. So the purple one is finding its new home. One of moms coworkers saw the turtle I made her and wanted to see more. She loved the Yoshi mom brought and bought it the next day. So he's off to make someone happy.
I also started on the turtle my sister (the one mentioned in the flower bit) asked me to make. Its for the soon to be brother in law to go in his bug. Its about half way there. She asked for a VW symbol on it which is taking a little time. Once he's finished I'll post pictures.

This week I've got to knock out my To Do list. So I'll post what I can next Sunday. No promises it will be anything that good, but I'll try to drum up something. This week is all about getting ready to leave and just about nothing else, unless it involves the kitchen.
Soon, I promise, I'll be back on normal project post guys. Things just started to get crazy for me and I lost my grip on the weekly project. At least I still manage a post every week. So there is still hope for me.
In the mean time send in some project suggestions. I'd like to know what you guys are interested in seeing.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook 


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment