Sunday, May 24, 2015

Remberance Days are here.

Buy your own poppy in my shop.
I know everyone is happy for the three day weekend. And all about parties and camping and hanging out at the beach and having a good time. But please take a moment or two to remember why we are all able to do these things. Not to harsh anyone's mellow but this wasn't a holiday meant for big parties and super sales. Its to remember all the soldiers who have fought for us over the years. So just take a moment out of your fun to remember. Maybe wear a poppy to show that you do remember and respect all of those men and women. 

Enough of that crazy seriousness of an opener. . . . . 

Crunch week for me. As y'all know I leave this Wednesday for my Arizona trip. Yay! And it's been getting stuff together and squared away before I leave. I feel like I have a long list of stuff to do and its not getting any shorted. At least that was the feeling until yesterday.
 
Dress pants, Jeans, Swimsuit top, Bunny. Down in my basement work area. 







 
So happy I got to the alteration pile this week. Doing the pants went super well and pretty fast, other than the pair I made into capris. That took a bit longer to make sure the bottoms weren't wacky. And the swimsuit top took its time too. To make it look right I did that one by hand along with fixing a pair of dads pants and a bunny. I'm so glad that my dress pants came out so well after taking them in. I've only done jeans up to this point so I was a little scared of screwing those up. I don't have much need to wear them these days but I'd like to be able to on the fly if I need to. Which wasn't really possible before. Plus I wanted to take a pair or two with me. You never know whats gonna go on when you travel.
 
Happily, yesterday I got everything done for Woodburn. It's a relief to have that all done and out of the way. Printed up new order book pages to show off my stuff and price lists as well. Downside to all this printing. . . My printer needs ink badly now. Like I had to redo a few pages of my order book because the ink made it all faded and stripy. But I fixed that with a trip to costco this morning. Now I just have to install the new ink. And its WAY cheaper to do the refill then buying new cartridges. Saved a ton, which is awesome.

I know you're all probably sick of the kitchen talk but this will be my last post of it till its finished I think. I'll miss anymore progress that happens while I'm gone, so thats at least two whole posts that won't have kitchen talk. But for now. . . .  We have hardware on the cabinets!!!! And it looks so great. I think we picked the perfect pulls. They just make it look more kitchen like. We also had the electrician in this week. You know what that means. . . . LIGHTS!! Its awesome to have so much light in there now. Plus the hood for the stove was put in and the under cabinet lights were put up as well. No power to those yet because they need to switch a few things out once the back splash is put up. There was a mix up when the order was written out and it will get fixed after tile. So those guys will be back after the subway tile is put in, which will look awesome. We had the counter top guys come in and make up a template this week as well. Those will be installed a few days before I get home. So exciting!! And Denny also fixed the windows. We don't have to prop them open anymore. You guys don't get how awesome that is, but its really amazing, trust me. 
Getting closer and closer to a functioning kitchen. Oh and we finally pulled the sink out of its box and the damn thing is HUGE! Counter top guy needed it to do his thing.
I just really wish the stove was hooked up at this point. I want to bake so bad and dad would like other options for dinner other then doing it on the grill. (Meg I might have to steal your kitchen and bake us all some goodies while I'm down there. BAKING DAY. . . I think yes.)



Since I finished my sewing projects and everything for Woodburn, I got to work on the Tiny Turtle for my soon to be brother-in-law. I finished putting the VW on the shell last night and finished the whole shell/body piece. I'm glad it came out so well. I never know sometimes if something will work until I try it out. So this may be done for him before I leave. Wooo!
So thats kinda the run down on my week. You'll get to see a project I couldn't post about yet next week and a little on my trip. Maybe something crocheted as well? Back to packing for me or some chill time. We'll see. Until next Sunday folks.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy
and don't forget to like me on Facebook
 
Happy Crafting!

Finally a pic of (some) the Octopus' with their new yarn eyes. I really like this better then the button eyes I had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment