Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mothers Day Hot Mommas!

Happy Mothers day to every mom out there. I hope you had a love filled day and you are all amazing women to me. 

First set in.
Woo hoo! Our cabinets came in on Monday. I also got most of the kitchen painted on Sunday night. Worked till about 8 pm I think,  then there wasn't enough light to do any more (we had taken the light fixture down by then) and I was out of gas anyway so it worked out.
Pantry and new cabinets for next to the stove.
YAY uppers. The fridge goes under that one half cabinet that is sticking out so far.
The guys took all the draws and fronts.
All ready for paint.

Monday brought in most of the cabinets. All the lowers were here and almost all installed. And it was the final night of the stove. Which was fine, we have a BBQ. Tuesday the guys got all of the cabinets in and took all the cabinet fronts and draws back to the shop to get painted. Painting started Wednesday with minor issues to start. Communication is very important guys. But we got things sorted.
I believe this is only the primer, but the paint color is really close to this. Almost spot on actually.
Wednesday also took me to the dmv. Had to get my license renewed before my Arizona trip at the end of the month. They were really nice down there and not all that busy. They recently moved their offices too. Much bigger lobby then in the old building, and slightly better parking. Should get it in the mail this week.
As of Friday the cabinets were all painted. Yay. Hopefully the painter is satisfied on Monday and we can get all the drawers and shelve and doors put on/in. And he can come and touch up my paint since he was using a sprayer and got it on some of the ceiling and walls I had painted. Don't worry he already said he would fix it. Electrical also comes at the beginning of the week.


 
Book case on the other side of the fridge by the back door. 










  
I didn't work much on crocheting. Still tired and over seeing kitchen stuff. I did work on something I won't be posting about till the end of the month. Can't spoil the surprise.

But I did do some drawing:
So I got this water bottle for Christmas and it had Jack Skellington from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' printed on it. I say had because it started to scratch off after only a few months. It got to the point I couldn't stand it any more and peeled it all of with artist tape. Easy peezy. So instead of leaving it see-through black plastic, I'm going to do up a design myself. Not sure how its gonna look but I'm gonna try. So this is what I've go so far. GIANT work in progress, but it is something. I'm still bummed that it was coming off in the first place.

So I didn't get around to these but I did stuff the car I had done up a few weeks ago. Not really sure how I like it. I know it still needs wheels and junk, but this is how far it got before I passed out really and never got back to it.
Side view.
Front
Back 

Nothing super special about it and I don't think I'll get back to this pattern till after my trip. 
Speaking of, my awesome trip is only a few weeks away. Crazy how it sneaks up on you and I have a lot to get ready before I head out. So the next few posts might not be super exciting. Packing and getting stuff ready for my sisters to sell for me, plus over seeing the kitchen as well. Not to mention anything else that pops up between now and when I leave. But its all good.
Next weeks project might just be doing some alterations to more pants and a swim suit top. I tried on all my dress pants today and Holy Wow. I might have little need to wear them much but I wouldn't go out in them right now with them being so baggy. And the Swim suit top is just not working for the girls, it may not have ever really worked much but I really want to fix it now. Plus I have more jeans to take in and a pair to make into capris, high waters are not cute. Glad to be taking off the weight but it makes cloths more difficult then they were. And I hate shopping for cloths as it is so its good to try my hand at alterations. YAY for the old sewing machine my mom has. 
Anyway I'll try to do something more interesting then that but I'm not sure. We'll see where this week takes me I guess.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook

Happy Crafting!

(side note: the lay out of this post was getting on my nerves, so if it looks a bit funny I'm sorry. I gave up making the pix and text line up right after a while. They just wanted to do their own thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment