Monday, June 1, 2015

Hello Phoenix!

First off, I'm sorry this post is late. We had a Crazy weekend. It was bachelorette party weekend and the guys had their bachelor party too. So long weekend for all of us, but a fun one. We girls were out till 2am or so Sunday morning. Then met up with the guys for brunch later around noon or so once we found a place that wasn't an hour or more wait for a party of eight. We went to Over Easy which has awesome breakfast food. More about this later in the post. . . .

My joke post about what all I was packing.
Started the week finishing up packing. Had to change up the bag to bags because of a kinda least minute add. No biggie. I get two bags free on South West. Yay! That was all good and getting to the airport that morning, after my brain woke me up two hours before I wanted to be, went well. But at the security check point I was about two or three people away from going through the machines and the power went down from there back into the lobby area. It was more amusing then annoying. But it appeared that South West also had a system issue at the same time. So it was an interesting morning at Portland International Airport. 
My flight was good, bit of a bumpy landing and I got at least half of a VooDoo crocheted on the plane. Met Megan and Kyle at the baggage claim and it felt like it took forever to get the bags out of the plane. And we hit In & Out Burger on the way home. Love me some In & Out, I must go there at least once every time I come down here. Soon it seems that we will be getting one of our own somewhere around Medford, Oregon. Sounds awesome to me!!

So I worked on this earlier in the month and I can finally share it with y'all. This is my wedding present to my amazing friend and her soon to be hubby (Megan & Kyle). She may not have opened it yet but, she has it in the bubble wrap I packed it in for the plane is transparent so I'm sure she's glanced at it. 
The twenty was not what I put in it. It was a marker for what was going in the frame. I didn't like the idea of framed money in my carry-on. So I put it in later. And no black tape either. It looks nicer and cleaner now that its all finished. 
When I was working on it and coming up with ideas for this I did a trip to Michael's and was swimming in ideas. But I like how it came out. I could have gotten crazy with stuff in the frame, but the simplicity of this is awesome. 


I also made my daddy a birthday card before I left. His birthday was Friday. Once the kitchen is done I told him I'd make him cookies or something. He's a little sad all the muffins are gone now from the freezer. I also called him and he seemed to be having a good day so far, although it was only around 10 am.

Along with the card I finished up the Tiny Turtle. And Josh loves it. I was able to finish it and put it into the box for what they were selling for me so he could have it Friday when they packed up the van for Woodburn. 
Speaking of Woodburn,  it seemed to go quite well. Sarah kept sending me updates throughout the day, which I wholeheartedly loved that she did. I might have to have them sell for me more often. 

Thursday and Friday Meg, her mother Gaye, and I worked on wedding stuff. We got a really good amount done and ran some errands as well. We finished backdrop curtains, the guys Lego boutonnieres, cutting tulle and things for the chairs, plus some other stuff. Last night we had a family dinner and worked out lighting for the wedding and other little things in the back yard where its all happening. 

After class was over.
Okay the awesome weekend!! So the theme was wigging out. And at the request of the lovely bride to be, Megan, we did a pole fitness class. Yes Pole Fitness. It was funner then I had thought it would be and I have a new found respect for all pole dancers now. That shit is a WORKOUT! Our legs still hurt today, our arms a little as well. The instructor was amazing she made it super fun and we all got to pick dancer names. I picked Ivy.

After our hour class we all went to get changed before dinner. We went to this awesome little Italian place call Cibo in downtown Phoenix. They converted a house into this restaurant. Awesome food all around. It was quite busy and really loud but we got a big table in the back corner to our selves and it was really nice. Since it was also comi con the same weekend us girls in wigs didn't stand out and kept getting asked what we were cosplaying as. Didn't matter to us though we all still had fun. We went to drinks after dinner and then dancing. Our bride to be was having a blast and thats all that mattered to us. Like I said before we rolled back into our hotel room probably about 2:30 am and pretty much passed out until the next morning.
So her pig tails go down to her knees. I, at one point, ended up wearing them and they are quite heavy.
First shot in her glowing penis shot glass. 
Not sure what I'll have this coming week other than wedding stuff to post about but I'll see about wiping up something from the crochet bag. But no promises, we still have a lot to do around here before Saturday.
Hope you all had as fun a weekend as we did and have a great week. See you next Sunday!!
 
As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook 
 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment