Monday, June 8, 2015

Wedding bells

The beautiful cake. Picture courtesy of Meg's brother.
So my fabulous bestie is now a Mrs. The wedding was just lovely. And all the decorations turned out perfectly. Megan's planning and hard work paid off in a BIG way. We were all a little worried that the rain wouldn't blow out. Rehearsal was interesting will the rain coming and going. But Saturday was the most beautiful day we could all hope for. I couldn't be happier for her and Kyle. It was one big party weekend down here in Arizona with all their family that was able to come in to share this special time with them. 

Congrats Megan & Kyle! I wish you both many more years of happiness and joy in your long journey together.

Morning of: Kyle (in white) and Jon being silly
Morning of: Megan, Jess (maid of honor), and I
Me and Jess all ready.
The lovely bridesmaid bouquet. They had different pins on them, mine is a dragonfly.
The beautiful program fan and the tossing bouquet. I managed to get that one. YAY!!
Megan made up these beautiful bags with goodies in them for us along with picking up these awesome cups.
Like I said rehearsal was a bit on the wet side and when we came back to the house for rehearsal dinner we had to cram into the house instead of being able to eat outside. Thankfully Meg has a sizable living space to fit about 60 or so people. I believe we all had a good time despite the cramped space. 
Megan and a few of her friends were also nice enough to put on a performance for us all as well. The girls put together a beautiful set of belly dancing numbers. They all did two solos and then a group performance from three of the four of them. This was the first time I've gotten to see Megan preform since she started belly dancing years ago. They were all so beautiful and graceful up there.
One of two solos from Amberly.
One of Megan's solos

Group sword number with Megan, Andrea, and Heather.
The last bow.
The groom and his mother.






My mani for the wedding.
Thursday night was girls night. Most of the wedding party, some of Megan's friends, her sister-in-law Sarah, and her mother-in-law Julie went out to get manis and pedis. It was a fun hang out with all the girls. It was my first time getting a manicure. I think it went quite well, I got the gels done. I skipped the pedicure though, I'm not one for people touching my feet.

Sunday after a clean up brunch we hung out with family at the house and took Megan's brother and his family to the train park so the boys could all play. The boys road the carousel and then we all went on a train ride around the park. It was a fun evening for the end of a fabulous weekend.
The engine that could.
The boys at the train park.
Not much in the way of projects this week although I had tried to start something. No chance of finishing it since I needed to start it over to see if it was me or the pattern that has a miss count. But mostly this week was making sure this wedding went off with out a hitch. . . . well other then the intended one. I do wish that I had been able to take more pictures myself. But when you live in the moment and not through a screen you remember the moment better I think. Plus through the wedding craziness I left my phone in the house in my purse. But Meg had a great photographer and there should be more pictures later.

Once I get back home I can get back to projects like normal. I do have to work on inventory for my next swap meet at P.I.R. in August.
Thats all for the week. See y'all next sunday.


As always you guys can find me on Etsy
and don't forget to like me on Facebook

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment