Sunday, June 14, 2015

Happy Birthday to me

So today I turned 25. No big, loved all the happy b-days I've gotten. Got an AWESOME Doctor Who shirt from my mom. I'm a big Whovian and can not wait till the new season starts. I just got a new T.A.R.D.I.S. water bottle when I was in Arizona too. Couldn't pass it by. 
But it'd have to be my car that topped the cake that was today. And by this I mean it decided to die over the weekend. I was doing a house/pet sitting gig and I go to hop in my car this morning and when I went to start it, it did a big, fat, NOTHING. So Happy Birthday to me right. Earlier this evening I called for a tow from AAA and the guy decided to try jumping it and she started for him. I was a bit peeved at this. But got the car home, waited an hour or so before going out and trying it again to see if it was a fluke. She fired right up. Hopefully she works in the morning cuz I've got more dog stuff to do. But we are moving down to one car super soon, in fact dad and I are going to look at some cars this week. She just needs to hold out for the time being.

This is going behind the stove. The rest will be white subway.
That was just a great start to my day. But on a happier note, we have new kitchen floors. They were put it in today, although somewhere along the math line something was dropped and they came up short on what they needed to finish the whole floor today. So another box is gonna be ordered and that will be finished. In other kitchen news, we have counter tops and a working sink. Its so awesome to have all that in. We are ever closer to having a kitchen. The plumber comes back tomorrow to put in the dishwasher and hook up the stove I believe (we have a gas range, hence the plumber). I believe Beth wants to start on the tile work Tuesday. We ordered it on Friday. Its gonna look awesome. We are so freaking close!!

Father of the Bride taking his odd Mini Golf shot.
The end of my Arizona trip was great. Monday we had a fun breakfast with Megan's brother and his family and said goodbye to them. They had a flight back out that after noon. Monday night was super fun. A whole group of us went out to Mini Golf, then sushi for dinner, and ended the night playing Cards Against Humanity. So much freaking fun, we all had dirty mind streaks and some of the best cards to play. Couldn't ask for a better night. 
Tuesday was a big ball of packing in the house. Megan's parents were also getting ready to leave Wednesday as I was. They were packing the car up to drive back to Paradise, California. In the evening I went to a girlfriends house with Meg and while they were sewing belly dance costumes I got to work on some crochet. 
I redid the hood of my Dino Guy. I was missing a stitch or something when I had tried it before. I didn't get much farther than his hood and the start of his head. He is a lot bigger than the picture makes him look in the pattern. 
The start of my Dino Guy
I also worked on figuring out granny squares. I'm gonna look into some other patterns for that. I have a few projects coming up that will need them. One of them is an order form one of my new Arizona friends Jessica. She's awesome, and got in a Christmas order early. Which is good because its a big one.
The flight home was a little bumpier then I would have liked. I also found I don't particularly like the isle seat. I gave up the window I snagged to a kid who was on his first airplane ride. I remember how exciting that was so I didn't mind too much. His excitement and commentary was amusing. His poor mom wanted to get some sleep on the plane but with no luck as he was always trying to get her attention about something. The kid was probably around 9 or so I'm guessing.
Last night at the house. I was packing in his room so Riley got his story out in the living room that night. He was cuddling the dogs as his mom read. I thought this was amusing.
My handsome house mate for the weekend.
 
Like I said I was house/pet sitting this weekend. Look at the handsome 'little' devil I got to hang with. He also has two cat roommates as well. Sasquatch is a great 7 month old Aussie/St. Bernard. Right now he has a broken toe though, so we had to keep play to a minimum. He was disappointed in this. He's a big love bug though.
I played around with granny squares mostly this weekend. But I did fix my new hook bag. If it looks familiar that would be because it was a bridesmaid gift from last weeks post. I decided it would make a perfect hook bag. Better then the one I did have too. But before it could go in the project bag I had to fix the M on it. It was only an iron on and was starting to peel off. Very sad, but I pulled out the needle and thread. Only stuck myself a few times as I sewed it into place. and its working great.
 
This week will entail some painting for the doors in the kitchen and maybe the window (still missing a trim piece). Also going through my inventory and getting a list ready for P.I.R. in August. Possibly working on some of these Christmas/ regular orders. No more vacation for me. And I need to get on my Etsy page and get it back up and running. Just a normal busy week for me. Plus I have mine and Melissa's birthday cake to work on. Family party for us is this weekend. I'm gonna try out marshmallow fondant. Wish me luck. I'm gonna go to bed now before I pass out on the keyboard. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook
 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment