Monday, July 13, 2015

Another dog, another day

Lily was happy to play with her frog.
I love my Fairy Dogmother job. I love the pups and kitties I get to hang out with and walk with. I'm at my last job for a bit, house sitting wise anyway. I have almost two weeks of getting to sleep in my own bed at home. Y'all have no idea how nice that will be for me. Since I got home in June I've only spent about two weeks in my own bed. Most of that being a big block of June. It's a crazy life being a dog sitter but, I kinda love it.
This weekend I had the pleasure of hanging out with the lovely Lily. She is on the up swing of some doggy vertigo (best way to describe it) and full of spunk. A wonderful pup and so lovey.


I mostly worked on my gift that has to be ready for next week. So here's a little peak. I finally started really putting him together. And really he is almost done and put together, I just have his holster to finish up. There will be pictures of him all together and polished next week. I get to give him away next Monday. I can not wait to see their face when I give him. I'm all excited about it.

I had a hell of a time with the half bones for the holster. the original pattern was for a dog toy so it was fairly big. And after changing the hook size, the stitch used, and the eventually the amount of stitches I got a pretty good product. Other then putting this little fella together, the bone pattern was about all I worked on this week. I think the time was well worth it though. I'm just glad I didn't need them any smaller or I might have switched patterns again.  
Unfortunately since I never executed the entire pattern in its original format, I don't feel comfortable rating it. I will say that it is fairly easy pattern to understand and work form the bits that I did. But it is a piece together job on the first end. I kinda like how it was working up, though it was my seriously modified version.


The unfinished bone holster. I like the idea of gun like bones.
In addition to working on this, I was also working on a project that my mom asked for help on. She has a friends birthday coming up and had a special project in mind. So I was asked to help and volunteered more of my help with a few things as well. So I went on working on a concert/band page she had in mind. It was fun and I still have some work to do on that still as well.


I'm hoping this first week home can be a calm one for the most part and I can focus on some things I need to do around the house and just get a chance to relax a little. Next week will be dog crazy since I'll be taking on a lot more while Diane (ruler of Fairy Dogmother and one of the best moms. Can't help but say that since I grew up with her daughters.) is out of town. So we'll see where the wind blows me on all the "free" time I get. I do apologize for getting this post out so late. After getting things picked up and packed up at Lily's and getting a chance to relax a bit at home yesterday, I just lost all time. Today felt a bit of the same, which is why I'm writing this and then going to bed.
I have recently realized that I have somewhat lost track of my project a week(ish) goal that I started with at the beginning of the year. My aim is to get back to it after my next event on August 2nd. I know realistically that no new projects can be started until then for inventories sake. The happiness of this is I have at least four new projects to get done up by Christmas. YAY!! So soon there will be newness to the blog and maybe I won't yammer on quite so much.  I have some fun stuff lined up too, or at least I think so (now anyway).
Next week is inventory filled and finishing up projects on a priority basis. That little pooch up there has a Priority #1 all over him. Should be like ten minutes tops once I get the chance.
Thanks for listening to the ramblings of mine. Come back next week, hopefully it will come on time!

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment