Sunday, July 19, 2015

Turtles and Momma's birthday!!

This week was a little relaxing. I got the painting in the kitchen done. Pretty much just touch up left now. Was nice to get that done, even if I had to kneel on the quarts countertops (I used a pillow for cushion). Got errands done with my dad. Good to get those things checked off our to do list. Also got to hang out and have dinner with Courtney and her boyfriend Rob last night. It was really good to catch up with her.

Mostly it was a rest up and gear up for this week since Diane is going out of town. I'll have more stuff on my plate with more walks then normal for me, which won't be so bad. I'll be nice and busy. Plus I have the last house sitting gig of the month coming this weekend. Next month is pretty much booked on the house sitting front. But I'm spending time with awesome pets.

I did up some new Tiny Turtles in the evening to wind down. Since I finished reading 'Orange is the new Black', I started to watch the show as I crocheted this week. Kinda loving the show even if it veered from the book on many levels in many different ways. . . .  I need to make more Turtles, but I also need to make other things too. So for now this pattern is going to the back of the queue.
 I had a lot of fun with the color combos this time. I was a little sad that one came out a little small but thats because of the weight of the yarn. But it still made a cute little tiny shell. Get these little guys tagged and they'll be ready for P.I.R.

Since I only have two weeks till then I'm not sure what I want to stock up on in inventory right yet. But I'm leaning towards Hippos this week. We'll see what happens because VooDoos might just win the battle because they are quicker to make and assemble. Plus they are a hot seller. 

Its a short one this week. Too hot around Portland to try to do much else. We are working through another heat wave around here. And today was a scorching 97 degree high. Ick! Hoping tomorrow cools off a bit, along with the rest of the week.

 Speaking of tomorrow, its my momma's birthday! And I can finally give her the awesome pooch I've been making. She's a western fan, mostly the Duke himself, John Wayne. Hence the cowboy theme. I really hope she likes him. (I'm so glad he came out so darn well.) I also picked her up a cool sugar skull cowboy trivet when I was in Arizona that I've been sitting on for what feels like forever. Another thing I really hope she likes. She has about a dozen different trivets that she wants to hang in the kitchen, which is why I thought to get her this one. And then I'll be making spaghetti and meat balls for dinner. I really hope she has a good day and people at work don't bug her too much. I know she'll be happy to see her friend Pam after work at least.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook
Happy Crafting!
Rufus says "Howdy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment