Sunday, February 22, 2015

Elmo, VooDoos, & Awesome Shoes!

The pan itself.
The moment of truth.... will he come out easy???
Huzzah huzzah, the cake came out practically perfect. Elmo looked like himself when it was all done. What a relief too, I'd never done something like this before. I don't do cakes that are supposed to look like a beloved character or anything specific normally. But this was a favor for my eldest sister. Her friends little girl is turning one and they are giving her a Elmo first birthday party today. So they asked if I'd do the cake if she bought everything I needed for it. And YAY it came out perfect.
I should have got a picture of the contraption we came up with just to transport this poor guy, but alas I did not. All I can say is he was ready of a cage match with our improvised "box". But we didn't have anything for him to fit into and we didn't want him to get ruined. Too much sadness if he had. But everyone was supper happy with his out come and thats all that matters in the end. 
Here is Elmo getting out of the pan and frosted. . . 
YAY he came out in one piece, a little extra flour on him for the pan, but who cares.
Getting the orange right took a minute.
Almost Elmo!
Almost done, but the frosting is a bit thin and trying to drip down the sides. So time to fix him up. Probably should have put the newly red frosting in the fridge for a little spell before I tried putting it on the cake, but it all works out.
Our lovable puppet is complete! Caging him in came next. . .
So this week I managed to make and complete 4 VooDoos. Love that I can do that. I also love that once the shell is done all five of the smaller parts fit nicely into its head. (Great for storing blanks to have on hand for custom orders.) These guys are usually about 4 inches sitting but I can also make them 6 inches upon request. (You can see the few I've done in 6 inches on my Facebook page.) These are simple creatures to make but I love making them, they are too much fun to dress up. I practically have this pattern memorize with how many times I've made these. SO much love!! And I've started to play around with yarn hair for these guys instead my normal embroidery floss hair. Let me know what you guys like best. 

This one I added two poppy flowers to.
A little punky with a mohawk.
My Dapper Dandy in his black bow-tie.
Psyched in blue!
Rating Time!!
  •  Pattern readability- Super easy! 5 Yarn Balls
  • Ease o f pattern- So simple. 5 Yarn Balls
  • Adjustments- The original pattern was for a one armed VooDoo. And modifying it for a bigger doll was actually pretty simple. I give it 4 Yarn Balls.
  • Final Product- Amazing little guy. . .  5 Yarn Balls
  • Personal- I'd give these guys 5 Yarn Balls all day long. I love making these!
  • Overall Score- 4.8 Yarn Balls 
 
SHOES!!!
This week I also went shoe shopping. These are my pretty new shoes for my friends wedding in June. This is my first pair of heels that I actually love. Still breaking them in of course, but they are so comfy (stairs are a little different in these then in sneakers). I never knew I could be comfortable in heels. I'm a sneaker and boots kind of girl with the occasional flat, heels and me haven't gotten along until now. This seems like a new beginning for me and heels. And who knew clogs were so awesome!! Well my neighbor up the street did. She's been wearing clogs for like ever. I have to say though I had to talk myself into buying them because of the price tag. These are most expensive shoes I've ever purchased before. But they're good quality and I'm not just gonna wear them once. So glad I bought them. Go try out some clogs people!!

This week I'm gonna make P.J. Pal(s). Not sure if I'll get more than one of these guys done, but I will see. I think this one is gonna be a cat. If I make more than one I'm not sure what other animal(s) I'll do just yet. Maybe a dog or a mouse? Who knows. Send me any suggestions y'all might have.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook

Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment