Sunday, March 1, 2015

P.J. Pal week

Well I guess this will be the second week that my crochet powers surprise me. I didn't think I could make all the pieces of this weeks project in one day, I was wrong. Putting in a full day can accomplish a lot apparently. Although my hands wish I hadn't done that. The joints in my fingers were a little sore the next day so I just sewed my P.J. Pal together. Two day project that I thought might take a bit longer. That was for the first pal of mine, the cute kitty. Then I took a little more time to make the second, awesome mouse. These guys were fun to make up and figure out their ears. I had help making the cat ears from another pattern for a smaller stuffie. I was smart and actually wrote down these patterns I came up with, so I don't have to guess the next time I want to make these animals. I don't always write things like this down and kick myself when I need to recreate something, its a flaw I'm working on. I think I need to work on my cat face a bit but all in all both their faces came out pretty good. What do you think?

Kitty Cat in pieces. I thought the yellow cat went well with the multicolored yarn.
All done up. I even added a butt flap accent to this one. I thought it looked cute.
Awesome Mouse . . .  I combined the orange and black for this one.
My camera washed out the nose for this one a bit ... but I swear it has a nose. This is not a Voldemort mouse! Love the mouse ears here. Super cute.
 
First week for a 5 Yarn Ball rating all around!!

Pattern readability - Easy to follow and nothing complicated in this pattern. 5 Yarn Balls 

Ease of pattern - This is very easy, I'd give it a beginner rating. 5 Yarn Balls

Adjustments - Nothing that had to be adjusted. Although I did cut out a portion of the head because I didn't find that it was needed and in the long run makes it easier to attach the body to the head when assembling.  Also very easy to change up and build off of the original pattern. 5 Yarn Balls

Final product - These come out looking so darn cute, you'll want to keep them. 5 Yarn Balls

Personal - Whats not to love about these guys. 5 Yarn Balls
  • Final score . . . 5 Yarn Balls. Easy math this week.
All three of my new P.J. Pals together. Love making these guys.

In personal news we are getting closer and closer to starting the kitchen reno. We are starting to pick things up, this week we're going to get light fixtures, sink,  and the faucet. We already ordered the big appliances a few weeks ago. And we've been slowly packing up the kitchen to get ready. We just can't wait to get started. So Exciting!!
I also learned that when making pumpkin pie only use Libby's pumpkin filling. Tried the Kroger brand filling and failed. I'm a little sad by this because I was trying a new crust recipe. Cream cheese crust was good though. The pie was okay, but nowhere near my best. I thought the recipe on the filling can was weird when it didn't call for cloves (I added some anyway because you can't make pumpkin pie without cloves. That's just madness).

PROJECT TALK: So I left this coming weeks project up to my mother to pick. I couldn't decided and she was on hand. And out of the past projects I've done for the blog she picked week #1's project (Click the link to see that post again). Which means I'm going back to the Rag Doll pattern. I don't have a set plan for these ones but I think I'm gonna give one a mohawk. Maybe make a Wednesday doll?  Its a thought anyway. If you have any thoughts of what I should do please comment, I'd love to hear from you.
I still have some work to do to get my inventory ready for Woodburn, but it is going faster than I had thought. I just hope I can keep up this pace. *Fingers Crossed*

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment