Sunday, March 15, 2015

Off Week

As you all might know, I took the week off from projects. And you know what, I missed them terribly. I'm glad it was only for the week, and it will be a long while before I do this again. Its no fun marathon t.v. watching without something to do, I'm always working on something with my hands these days when I'm watching stuff on my computer. I did finally start this coming weeks project because I was starting to go a little looney without having something to work on. My brain kept passively arguing with itself. "How about we do . . . . no. What about . . . . no. We could . . . . No. Well what about this . . . . are you kidding?" And so it went. Too many things I could come up with to do required more attention than what a project would require. It was maddening. But I did get a few things done that were quite helpful.
Small, Medium, & Large tags.
Since I make my own merch tags, I took a portion of a few days to make up new tags. I needed a smaller tag to put on things like the Poké Balls and Mario Mushrooms. The two kinds of tags that I already have are a bit bulky for something so small. So I had bought a narrower ribbon a few weeks back on one of my Michael's trips and just never got to finishing the idea out. (heres how I learned to make my own merch tags). So simple to make, the biggest thing there is to do is make your design on the computer and flip it to the mirror image of it to print out and iron on your ribbon. So nice to have these now.
All I need for making tags. . . . Don't mind the Pocahontas sheet I iron on. It works for my needs.
1 of 2 Pizzas I made on Pi Day!
I also had a baking day. I just really, really wanted to bake a ton of stuff Thursday. So I made an apple walnut coffee cake and oatmeal chocolate chip muffins. So tasty! I planned on more but I actually ran out of some items and then I ran out of time to make them anyway. Maybe more muffins before the kitchen gets started (freeze a batch of them maybe so they will last longer?) But I got to make pizza dough Friday for pizza pi yesterday. It was a happy coincidence that it happened to be Pi Day. YAY nerds/geeks! So good pizza and baked goods for the end of this week. Its all gone now. The stuff never lasts long around here.
Apple Walnut Coffee Cake and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins. I need to make more of these (mostly the muffins, but really both.) YUMMM!!
I got stuff done this week that needed to happen. And I still have some of it to work on like Etsy listings. Really I kinda need to over hall my shop, but I want to have the prep work done for that before I shut it down for like a day. I was working mostly on things that need to be done before I leave for Arizona so my sister can work Woodburn for me. It was good to have the time for it.

This weekend we also moved the fridge out of the kitchen and down to the basement. Makes it harder to get food and prepare stuff but its gonna be worth it in the long run. Getting ready for the kitchen to get stated. The sink came in this week as well and this Friday we'll be getting the appliances delivered too. Can't wait to start!!!

.:Project Time:.
This week I'm going to be working on the Little Lamb pattern. Click the link to see the pattern or go to Anita's blog below:

Pattern By Anita Elmore
ASE Knits 'n' Crochets
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
aseknc@gmail.com


I've made several of these before, but its been a little bit since I've made one. So new pattern to the blog, old to me. Here are two out of the ones I've made before.
Like I said I already started on this weeks Little Lambs. I have a white one waiting to be stuffed and more colorful creations to come. Might try some yarn eyes on a few of these instead of my button eyes to see how it looks.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy
and don't forget to like me on Facebook

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment