Sunday, March 29, 2015

Poké Ball & Mario Mushroom revisited

This week has been fun. In addition to the crochet geekdom, I also had a great baking day. I know I seem to be baking a lot, but I do love it and I was making muffins to freeze. Plus it makes everyone happy to have yummy baked goodness. Its a feel good activity for me. So I made Apple Pie Muffins along with more Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. The dozen I didn't freeze (out of about 5 dozen total) were gone in less than two days. I also made Chocolate Chip Loaf. LOVE IT!! It was a Pintrest find. I don't do the frosting on this, because I think its amazing by itself. But click the link to make it yourself and just see how tasty this this. I make two smaller loafs instead of one big one because I find it to cook better that way in our old oven (made the big loaf the first time I tried this recipe and the middle fell out the bottom. Hence I make two smaller loafs). I ended up freezing one loaf, but I really want to take it out now. . .  This kind of stuff never lasts long around here.

There was also a Walmart trip where I bought a 10 lb box of poli-fil, among a few other things. I didn't realize it came this big. The box is huge and opening it up was amusing, talk about a lot of poli-fil in one box. It doubled in size. This should last me a while and is cheaper than getting 20 oz bags at a time like I was. I really do love that I found this, even if it is so big and I have to figure out where to store this. 
DVD For a reference to how huge this box is. (Dragons are also super awesome)
POOF it grew crazy big.

On to the crocheted things. I finished stuffing last weeks Little Lambs. They're all cute and fluffed with little faces now. Super cute!!

I started out with making Poké Balls (although I wish I had started with the mushrooms because they take a tiny bit longer. But they all got done so who cares right?). I made a pair of Team Rocket balls along with the classic and a green Poké Ball. 
I've said it before this is a great pattern and as long as you do your slip stitch at the end of your color change rounds this comes out great. You can make your Pokémon friends super happy and catchin 'em all with these babies. I do want to find some sort of container to put in these to make them hallow and add little Pokémon in them at some point. Something to look for in the future. . .  Rating Time!!

 




 ▪ Pattern Readability - 5 Yarn Balls. This pattern reads Great! Nothing confusing in this one.
 
▪ Ease of Pattern - 5 Yarn Balls. This is a great pattern for a beginner.
 
▪ Adjustments - 5 Yarn Balls. No adjustments needed.
 
▪ Final Product - 5 Yarn Balls. Your Geek Will Be Ecstatic!
 
▪ Personal - LOVE!!! 5 Yarn Balls
 
▪Overall Score - 5 AMAZING Yarn Balls

Now to the Mario Mushrooms. Like I mentioned I wish I had started these first because even though they work up easy they take a bit more time. Doing the spots alone are a bit time consuming with 5 of them. 
So I made the two everyone knows, Grow Up and Get a Life mushrooms. I also made a purple poison mushroom. In the end on this one I went with just spots instead of the skulls you see sometimes because 1) I've seen them both ways when I was searching on the interweb, and 2) I haven't found a skull pattern I really like yet to put on this one. I know I could get dinged from hard core fans out there, but they do come both ways.
Like I said in the first post I made adjustments to this pattern when I had made it the first time and I still stand by those. . .  So time to get Rating!

▪ Pattern Readability - 5 Yarn Balls. They did a great job on making this easy to read and follow.
 

▪ Ease of Pattern -  5 Yarn Balls. Super simple, another great pattern for the beginner.
 

▪ Adjustments - 3 Yarn Balls. The two adjustments I made to the steam/face and spots really made the biggest difference in this pattern looking like it's supposed to.
 

▪ Final Product - 4 Yarn Balls. After the adjustments were made these came out great.
 

▪ Personal - 5 Yarn Balls. I love these guys and plan to make more if they are a good seller.
 

▪Overall Score - 4.4 Yarn Balls. Still an awesome pattern.

You can see the adjustments I made to this pattern in the first post on these guys. To see my first Poké Balls and Mario Mushrooms, click the Week Geek! link.

This week I'm not totally sure what I really want to work on. I was originally thinking of revisiting Yoshi, but I might want to do something different. I guess it will be a surprise next Sunday what I've been working on all week. So tune in!!


Oh oh we have a start date on the kitchen reno. We'll be getting things rolling mid April. WoooooHoooo!! Hopefully it will be wrapped up before I head to Arizona at the end of May. *fingers crossed*. We also settled on a back splash. We had the plan to do white subway tile with dark grout around the whole kitchen and do something behind the stove. Well we found this awesome stainless steal mosaic that we're gonna put back there. Should be awesome!!
 
This is one of our dogs, Nascar (parents love Nascar, the sport. I tried to get her named something else but since I was out of town at the time we got her, I didn't have much sway in the name debate. Her full name is Nascar 3, because she has a big white mark on her chest and my Dads favorite car was Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s 3 at the time. Still is actually. She is the first and probably only Nascar we will have). She was chilling with me as I was writing today so I thought she should make the blog. She's our 14lb Chi-weenie (Chihuahua-Dachshund) and about 5 years old I think now. She is such the lovable pup. Our other dog is Lugnut the 9lb Terrier-Chihuahau who will be 3 this year I believe. We had a small dog moment these past several years. Before them we had an American Eskimo named Paddy. Our big fluff ball. He passed in 2011 at the age 15.

As always you guys can find me on Etsy 
and don't forget to like me on Facebook 


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment