Sunday, January 11, 2015

Disappointing Week Two

Ugh. . . Having one of those no motivation weeks that make it 10 times harder to do anything. But I pushed and got some stuff done. Nowhere near as much as I wanted, but I did a little.

My little train got derailed a few times this week. I did make some good banana chip muffins with walnuts though. . . . So I seem to be on a muffin kick. They were yummy and I had a request to make the apple ones again as well. Also I'll be making a red velvet cake for my sister and brother-in-law for their birthdays coming up. Crossing my fingers that it comes out okay because I haven't made one with the frosting in quite a while, not too worried though.

But back to the projects for the week. Because of one thing or another the only project that got completed was my P.J. Pal Bunny. Although the elephant came close. That Lavender and Aqua Elephant only needs his feet and a little more assembly. I think I could have gotten him done but we had some company come over yesterday and. . . he didn't.

Thursday I managed to put Ms. Bunny together after finishing up her legs Wednesday night and moved onto the elephant. I really like the P.J. Pal pattern, its easy to follow and has so many ways to make the creation your own. I'm thinking of making more types of animals other then the three it comes with (Bunny, Koala, and Bear). I haven't made any new animals yet but I believe I will get to them. This is also one of the few items I sell that I don't put buttons on. I like the look of embroidered features on these better than having button eyes like a lot of my other items.

Now the elephant pattern I was using is another one that was written in a way that isn't completely clear. Or I'm just not used to a pattern that uses mostly dc (double crochet). But I'm going with the former. The plus is that its consistent and you get used to it as long as you don't go from this pattern to another and back again. But I do like it. I think I need to work on it so it doesn't do the wonky swirl thing you see in the body when I do stripes. But as this was the first time at it I think its coming out pretty good.

I wish I could have finished a few more things this week but it is what it is. I'll have to do another catch up week some other time. I will finish the elephant and post some pictures of it some time this week though.

Now for week three: Since I haven't gotten any suggestions, I've rummaged though my patterns and decided on something. . . . . I'm gonna go for a geek week and make a Poké ball or two and some Mario mushrooms. Possibly something else but after my lack luster week and knowing that I have some stuff going on later in my week, we'll just stick to one or two for each of these patterns for now and you'll have to check in next Sunday to see if there will be any surprises. Now if you guys have a favorite type of Poké ball or mushroom you'd like me to see about making, please comment with a pic of it for me. the sooner the better!

Thats all for this post.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment