Friday, January 2, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Welcome to 2015 everyone!! Hope your year was a good one and if not, hopefully this one proves better for you. Mine wasn't too bad: I lost about 26 lbs and went down two pant sizes, got a lot of home improvement things done (mostly painting), and had one of my better birthdays in a while as well. So YAY 2014!!

 I did however do something awesome for the first day of the year. YARN SALE! That's right I went to Michael's awesome yarn sale yesterday morning. This is my largest yarn buy to date, getting 3 of the large bags (which have oddly gone back to plastic (odd for Oregon, since we went to paper or reusable bags a while ago)) full, 40 skeins of yarn total and 2 spools of thread. My little mini shopping cart was full of yarn and I'm sure I was getting a few looks of 'Geez did she leave any for anyone else?' Yes I did! The check out guy actually asked if there was any yarn left. I just wanted to stock up, and I kept it relatively small too.
On sale, my haul would have cost me about $106. But with coupons I only spent about $86. I don't really want to know what it would have cost had there not been a sale . . . .  who am I kidding, yes, I do want to know and it would have cost about $185 if it weren't for the sale and coupons . . .  if I did the math right. WOOO YEARN SALE!!
My new 40 skeins of yarn.
After my score I went to hang out with my brother and his family. We watched the Rose Bowl (Go Ducks!!) and had a ham dinner . . .  yumm.  Then it was off to hang out with some pups at Fairy Dogmother Pets (if you live in and around the North Portland, Oregon area and need some animal services, go check Diane out. She's awesome!!). I'm Diane's go to girl if she needs someone to hang out or do walks or things like that. I love it. Animal love forever and always.

This morning I used my new mixer (got a Kenmore stand mixer for Christmas) and made some yummy apple "pie" muffins. I think they need some work to get the pie taste in them but they were still tasty. So happy that they came out good. Possibly making some banana muffins later today or tomorrow. Who knows, it took me almost a week to make the apple ones finally. Other things got in the way that were a bit more important than baking. 

Getting closer to finishing my little rag doll. So no fear there should be a post, with photos, come Sunday. I'm actually gonna go work on it now. So see y'all Sunday for the Project Post.

 As always . . .  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment