Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week Geek!

WoooHooo!! My slump was only a week, and I was back at it again this week. No extra surprise patterns this week but I did do a few Mario Mushrooms and Poké balls. Also I forgot about finishing the Elephant. Oops!

Loved the Mushroom pattern after I fixed it and it was simple to fix. As you can see by the picture, the lonely one on the right is what came from following the pattern (I actually didn't put the eyes where they said to though. No Mario Mushroom has eyes between their spots. Pish!). Two big issues with the original pattern was A) the steam or face portion, as you can see, isn't really prominent or defined and B) the spots on the caps are just too small. Both are easy fixes, I just added a front loops only row before the single crochet rows to make the sides and added a few of the single crochet rows to make the face a bit longer. Piece of cake. And for the spots I changed the magic ring row from 8sc to 6sc and doubled the next two rows. Again cake. I just thought with the original pattern you couldn't tell what it was really trying to be. I mean it looks like some funny little ice cream cone or something. I decided to make a 1-UP and a Classic mushroom and I think these guys are super cute!

The Poké balls were much simpler. There were no changes for these guys. Just following their slip stitch recommendation when changing color was all that was needed to make these lovely Pokémon homes. I made a standard classic Poké ball and a Captain's ball (my reference sheet). I did a lot of internet searching for both these and the mushrooms to make sure I was getting things right. I'm a stickler for things like that. If I'm doing a recreation of something, especially something that is SO popular, I want to do it right.

Also this week we started to get moving on Kitchen renovation stuff. We're only in the planing and getting estimetes phase of things. The demo and instilation is a little ways off, but we're getting the ball rolling.  Super exciting since the kitchen in our house hasn't been done since my parents moved in in the 80's.
We also celebrated my eldest sister and brother-in-laws birthdays yesterday. We went out to eat and then came home for cake and ice cream. I made them a red velvet cake with home made icing. YUM! Today is my eldest sisters birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISSY!!
Yeah, so we've had other things going on around here. Plus mom starts her new job this week. 

New Weeks Projects: Not sure what it/they might be. I've picked a few from the binder and most follow the geek theme of last week. I need to pick one before tomorrow because I'll need something to do while I'm at the hospital during my other sisters surgery (she is the middle child). So the choices are thus: Robots, Dinosaur, Yoshi, Woodstock (Snoopy's little bird friend), or Pac-Man Ghosts. So for now it will be a surprise as to what the project will be. Any Guesses? Any Votes? 

Oh and Michael's is taunting me with another good yarn sale. Maybe I'll go or there again this week to have at it. 

Have a good week all, and as always. . .

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment