Sunday, January 4, 2015

Weekly Project Post #1: Rag Doll

 The week is over and I have a brand new item done. For this first week I decided to tackle the Rag Doll pattern.

I really like how most of this pattern is written. But the boots/shoes/feet, whatever you want to call them, are written a bit more complicated then I think necessary. Not to mention some of the short hand is a little confusing and at times the opposite from most other patterns (2sc usually means 2 single crochet in one stitch, but in this pattern it seems to mean sc in the next 2 stitches <-- hence the confusing bits).  But it wasn't so bad and after rereading and a little ripping it was fine. I'm not sure if I'd change much in the pattern other than adding a little length to her dress or try different things with her outfit in general or her hair. Oh and all the hair. I've never put so much hair on anything before. Took more yarn to do that hair then I really thought. Kinda glad I chose two tone hair for her. But back to changes though, I think I'd also change how the sleeve caps are done. It was a bit annoying putting them over the finished arm and then sewing the whole thing onto the body. This is a change to look into. But other than that it's been fun picking colors and putting her all together. Can't wait to make a few more. SO many ways to dress her up!
The Head is done!!
So she now has her body as well. I find it cute that they want you to crochet on little undies as well. Only her head is stuffed at this point because her dress is crocheted later and slipped over her body before attaching. 


All done up and finished. I almost didn't add the ribbon on her dress but thought she was missing something. Plus the original had one.
Loving the wild hair and her Alice feel (I was going for a little Alice actually). And I know she doesn't have much of a face but I kinda like her this way. Its kinda my thing, button eyes (usually) and little facial features.
Sorry there aren't more progress photos. I got so hung up on finishing her that pictures left my mind. Next time I will try harder for more photos. 

And I believe this little diddy will make her way to the shop soon enough. 
For this weeks project I think I might do a robot or a dinosaur. Haven't decided quite yet, but that post will be soon to follow. . . Possibly tomorrow. But for now. . . . . 

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment