Monday, January 5, 2015

Projects for week two

So I decided this morning that instead of a new pattern to try out this week, that I would finish a few projects I have laying around in different states of doneness. And that there may be a few times that a project week will turn into two weeks, but my aim is to post one a week when I can. 

The to be finished list:
  • First up we have a P.J. Pal. This one is a White Bunny in a hooded p.j. set. She still needs legs and to finish being assembled along with her face. She is probably the most done of the five or so projects here.

  • Here we have an Elephant. Poor thing only has a head at the moment (which made it hard not to make this picture phallic looking but I tried). But this will soon change. And I have to say I love the coloring of this one.

  • This lovely mess of parts is going to turn into a beautifully colored Dragon. I've only made one of these before this one and they're cute despite the multitude of parts. This is another one that had come close to the finish line. It has all the pieces to its head and only the body, tail, wings, and legs to be finished and made up. This guy comes in a total of about 15 pieces. I know. . . YIKES! 

  • So this doesn't look like much of anything I know but it is to become an Ugly Bunny. Something that looks like an UglyDoll. Love those guys, so darn cute. I think I started this on a whim and put it down for one reason or another.
 

  • And last but no least is a Chevron cowl or scarf I started last month at some point. I thought it was coming along well. My first attempt at a chevron pattern and it isn't as had as I had thought chevrons were going to be. Didn't notice while I was taking the picture that I made it into a face. . . LOL.
 

That is the five projects to be finished up. I do think this last one might go back on the pile for another time. Scarves are usually simple but they do take up an enormous amount of time.

And if I have time for some I will probably make up or start to make up in any case some VooDoo Doll shells. My VooDoo Dolls are one of my more popular items in my shop. 

 I dress them up randomly and give some little extras like bow ties and hats. I do random hair for them as well and try to do good color combos. My aim is to make every one of them different from the others so I have no two the same. Although that is getting a little harder.
I have had quite a few custom requests from all over, one as far as Australia (ugh the shipping was crazy for that one. Took a month to get to them). They freshen up the creative juices and give me new ideas. I've done one to go with someones dance costume, a soccer theme. I've made a Mickey Mouse inspired one, as well as an anarchy one. So much fun.
Hands down one of my favorite items to make and I like it when I have a few blanks around. You never know when I special order can come in.

So thats the plan for this weeks project(s). Have a fun week guys. And as always. . .

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment